International Students

ACTS Seminaries welcomes applicants from all over the world. International students can apply to ACTS using our online application form. We recommend submitting your application and all required elements as early as possible. Since it can take some time for Immigration Canada to process your study permit application, you should complete your application at least six months prior to the anticipated start of your studies.

Application Details for International Students

Application Fee

$150 CAD (application fee waived for online applications)

Application Deadlines

  • Fall Semester: May 1

  • Spring Semester: September 1

  • Summer Semester: January 1


Official transcripts from all your post-secondary studies must be sent to ACTS Seminaries directly from your previous educational institutions.

ACTS Seminaries may require that the academic records of applicants who have completed their degrees outside of Canada and/or the United States be assessed for Canadian equivalency. See below for details.

Study Permit

Once you have been admitted to a degree program at ACTS Seminaries and have submitted a refundable $200 tuition deposit, you will need to apply for a study permit from Immigration Canada.

This application is filled out online at the Immigration Canada website. We will provide the documentation you need for the study permit application, but we cannot contact Immigration Canada on your behalf.

Writing Centre

We encourage all students to take advantage of the Writing Centre. This is a resource to help you with your writing skills and assignments. The Writing Centre is located in the Douglas Centre Building. Learn more about the Writing Centre.

Medical Insurance

All students are required to have medical insurance. The website for our medical insurance info can be found here:

  • Non-Canadian students living in Canada to attend school must enroll with BC Medical Services Plan. International students (and family members) who are new to BC can sign up for interim health insurance GuardMe. Required info can be found at

  • American students living in the US and commuting for classes must ensure that your medical insurance that extends to your travels to and from Canada.

Information on medical insurance and other health services available to you can be found at the TWU Wellness Centre.


ACTS Seminaries does not have housing available for international students. Trinity Western University offers housing resources that you can access to see what’s available in the community. There may be very limited housing available on the campus for graduate students. The website will give you all the information you need, including a person to contact, so you can begin your search.


International students at ACTS can work up to 20 hours per week off-campus. This includes any practicums or internships that are a requirement of your academic program. Please consult the Immigration Canada website for full information and regulations governing all off-campus work for International students.

Public School for Children of ACTS Students

Children of international students studying at ACTS Seminaries can enroll at public primary and secondary schools. However, policies related to cost for children of international students to enroll in a local public school varies with each school district. ACTS students generally live in one of the following regions and should consult the school district offices for information.

Questions? Talk to international enrolment advisor, Priscilla Kim


ACTS Seminaries may require that the academic records of applicants who have completed their degrees outside of Canada and/or the United States be assessed for Canadian equivalency. If you are unsure, please speak with your enrolment advisor. This service is provided by a number of organizations and we accept assessments from the four organizations listed below.

Please send an official copy of your transcript for evaluation to one of the organizations listed below and request a course-by-course or comprehensive assessment. Have an official copy of both your transcript and the evaluation sent to:

ACTS Seminaries Admissions Office
Fosmark Building
22500 University Drive
Langley, BC V2Y 1Y1

Educational Credentials Evaluators 
Select “Course by Course” Assessment
Telephone: (414) 289-3400
Fax: (414) 289-3411

Foreign Credentials Service of America 
Select “Detailed Evaluation of Coursework”
Telephone: (512) 459-8428
Fax: (512) 459-4565
Toll Free: 1-877-553-4285

International Credential Evaluation Service 
Select “Comprehensive Report”
Telephone: (604) 432-8800
Fax: (604) 435-7033
Toll Free: 1-866-434-9197

World Education Services – Canadian Office 
Select “Course by Course Report”
Phone: (416) 972-0070
Fax: (416) 972-9004
Toll Free: 1-866-343-0070