Date: Saturday, January 18, 2020 | 1:30-3:30pm
ACTS Seminaries invites you to a most significant presentation by Barton Priebe at which he will unpack his recent research on the effect of sermons on Paul’s doctrine of adoption in the lives of believers.
Paul’s doctrine of adoption declares that every Christian has been adopted into God’s family and this to have a transformational effect in many areas of our lives. Yet, this great truth of adoption has been neglected throughout history and overshadowed by other truths. While most Christians have heard of adoption, Barton set out to discover what would happen if a group of Christians had an in-depth encounter with Paul’s doctrine of adoption through a sermon series dedicated to the topic.
- How would it shape their identity?
- What difference would it make in how they relate to God?
- Would it increase their assurance of salvation?
- How would it impact the way they battle personal sin?
- Would it change the way they treat their brothers and sisters in the church?
- What effect would it have on their ability to face pain and suffering?
Discover what Paul teaches about adoption, what the research revealed, and how you can experience the transforming power of adoption in your life, preaching ministry, and congregation.
Refreshments will be served.
This presentation is part of a series of events hosted by the ACTS Seminaries Doctor of Ministry program. As the final step toward earning the Doctor of Ministry degree, presenters share their research and insights with the public. You are warmly invited to share in this significant achievement by one of our graduates